Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trip to japan

This is a short post and in English this time (was written on my iPhone so forgive my typo's).

The trip is fun. Japan is amazing. It's like they think of everything, every detail. The cities are clean, even the train rails are completely clean. They have recycle bin in every street.
A lot of the things are automated, most of the doors, the bidet is operates by a set of controls (u have 3 different options for washing your bottoms). 
The Tokyo trains had the list of stops with the number of minutes remaining to reach it, the monitor also mentioned on which side the door will open, and all the type of exits with correlation to the car number. So if u want the escelator you know exactly on which car u need to be and where to turn when u exit. 
These are just examples of how they think of everything. 
 
They are very polite, and we can comunicate with them in English usually - which was a surprise for me. 

They have an interesting style of cloths. The boys look sometimes gay, but all in all they care a lot about how they look - and it's nice to see that every where and on every person. 

99% of the people we saw are thin, or really thin. You almost don't see overweight people. 

The food is not as good as I expected, I thought it will be tastier and not so fried. 

The trains are cool, fast, convenient quite and everywhere.

Most of the things are expensive here. Fruits especially. Yesterday we bought a gigantic fig for 1.5$. Apples are sold for 2-4$. We bought small orange juice for 5.5$ (which turned out to kot even be freshly squized).

    

We didn't enjoy the shrines and temples so much - they have too many, and they are basically the same. Also, I feel like I already saw it in my trip to china and Tibet.  

We had a lot of fun with jac and Meni. Went to kareoke from 12-05:00 (free drinks) once, with their canadien friends (one of them looked just like Chandler :)) and french friends - all very nice - and we had a great time. 
Drank a lot of umeshu (plum wine) and they also took us to one of the best ramen restaurant in Tokyo - was tasty. 

Today we went to Hiroshima, felt like being in a holocost museum - though it's really not the same. 
It was interesting, but I don't feel it left a big impression on me.  

I keep comparing japan & Tokyo to china and Beijing and the overall experience is much much better here. 

1 comment:

Orly said...

I'm glad you are having fun, being in Japan is in my destination list... just after Australia.

I'm totally understand the urge to compare between Japan and China (Beijing), it happened to me as well in Macau and Hong Kong. When we were in Beijing and when you were in Tibet, we saw the average people, the more dirty places, and I guess you can't compare between the Japanese to the Chinese, the former are much more educated and more close to the western society in my opinion...

Anyway, have fun and keep writing...
:)