Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Day 2 - Eaton Centre, and downtown Toronto

Today we (me) did some shopping !
We woke up, ate some Tim Hutson donuts and then walked to the Eaton centre.
Of course on the way we saw a lot of cool places like starbucks etc.
The weather is not as worse as I thought it would be.

Some anecdotes :
  1. In the food courts they had "water free sanitizing soap" its a soap that vaporising in the air, instant clean :)
  2. When u enter a store they say "How are u ?" we couldn't decide it they really care, or what should we answer in response.
  3. They have a popcorn shop !!! That is a shop with about 10-15 different flavors of popcorn. We really should have one of this in Israel. They have "Caramel cream", "Cheese dill", "Jalapeno", "Double butter", "Chocolate" etc. Of course we bought a mix-bag :)
  4. We saw a lot of Chinese people - really a lot, some of the time I thought I'm still in china. In the food court, the Chinese are the food sellers... The good thing about this, is that I found someone I can say to "Ni hao ma" and "xie xie" and I even got a free fortune cookie !
  5. Unfortunately they didn't think about putting chairs or sofas in the cloths stores. We noticed that fact after a few hours of wondering around, we really wanted to give our feet some rest, but couldn't :(
  6. We met 2 people from Iran to whom we spoke. We told them Elad is from Iran so one of them said there are not a lot of Jews in Iran - I wonder y :)

Tomorrow we'll go to the CN tower & Niagara falls.
Good night.

Pictures :
Day 2 - Toronto Eaton Centre

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The weather here is as worse as u hought it would be
have fun
mer

Ran said...

Yo

Isn't it "Tim Hortons"? you should get a mix of their small ones, they're really delicious.
Sivan, try to keep some of the shopping to NY, you're going to want to do lots of it there.
CN tower is cool but niagra falls are amazing, you should go below the falls and maybe take the boat that goes near the falls it's really impressive.

Ran said...

I just remembered the name of the small ones - Timbits

yarivt said...

I'm First !!!

just kidding,

in a freak accident the weather you should have had there came here instead.

go easy on the shopping, you won't have time to buy ME stuff.

have a great time and remember that i hate you both :)

Yariv.

Hila said...

Hi dudes
I miss you a lot
crossing my fingers for you now on the flight to LA.
As I understood finally you had some freezing weather on the Niagra falls.
I had S N O W (!!!) again in Jeru!
love you heaps
be more communicating
Hila

Unknown said...

Hi babies, how r u?I love to read what u write,and above all I wait for new pictures.We hope u r well,kisses,
Mummy